TestNet is an alpha release of complete IOTW infrastructure and it will be released as MainNet in early 2019. With our TestNet, you will be able to try micro-mining via the virtual IoT devices, while you can also test its several features on our IOTW wallet by using the TestNet coins to purchase any goods and services at our decentralized marketplace.
What are the main objectives of the TestNet?
Our main objectives are:
- Focusing on the validation of architecture.
- Stress testing in real usage scenario.
- Getting performance metrics.
- Increasing the understanding of hardware needs for MainNet.
- Enhancing the understanding of potential security vulnerabilities.
- Collecting user experience data for further improving the infrastructure.
What are the main features of the TestNet?
Following are some of the main features of the TestNet:
- Offers a full infrastructure for connecting IoT devices.
- Offers a mobile wallet application to collect rewards from micro-mining using connected IoT devices.
- Provides an integrated e-commerce application for making purchases with mined TestNet coins.
How long will the TestNet last?
TestNet will run until the launch of the MainNet, which is set for the March 2019.
How many IOTW TestNet coins can I mine per day?
It depends on the number of devices connected in the network. A single user is expected to mine between 1 and 10 IOTW tokens per day.
What can I do with the TestNet Tokens?
The TestNet tokens are not real and they are used for testing purposes. However, they can later be redeemed for various giveaways: lightbulbs, IoT plugs, IOTW Tokens (the real ones), Laptop stickers, IOTW T-shirts, etc. In the MainNet which is set for March 2019, end users can purchase real products and services with the real IOTW tokens in our decentralized marketplace.
When can I redeem the IOTW TestNet coins?
Details regarding the redemption of IOTW TestNet coins will be announced soon.
How can I connect the virtual devices with the IOTW Wallet?
Please refer to Step 3 above.
How to use the dashboard on the TestNet?
The dashboard provides valuable information about the number of connected IoT devices. Moreover, it also shows the queue of devices lined up for mining along with displaying the notifications about rewards being granted to individual devices.
What can I do with the IOTW Wallet?
Besides connecting IoT devices to start micro-mining, you can do peer-to-peer payment and purchase in our shop with IOTW TestNet coins. In the MainNet, you can use real IOTW tokens to buy goods and services available on the marketplace.
Can I use the IOTW wallet on my Android device?
Yes, both iOS and Android devices are supporting the IOTW wallet.
How can I contact IOTW if I have any questions?